WOW DO I AGREE!!! haha
I think that the reason we often float away from friends from our "really young" childhood, is because they are sort of chosen for us, instead of based on interests. We are either in the same classes, our parents are friends, or we happened to sit at the same lunch table. As we grow (hopefully) we learn what we want from a friend and can therefore attempt to make friends that have similar interests, personalities, ect.
I know that childhood friends don't always grow apart, but the majority of the time its true.
...And yes, I am not friends with the same people either. Though for me, it wasn't a big dramatic thing like yours. We just grew apart...
I think that the reason we often float away from friends from our "really young" childhood, is because they are sort of chosen for us, instead of based on interests. We are either in the same classes, our parents are friends, or we happened to sit at the same lunch table. As we grow (hopefully) we learn what we want from a friend and can therefore attempt to make friends that have similar interests, personalities, ect.
I know that childhood friends don't always grow apart, but the majority of the time its true.
...And yes, I am not friends with the same people either. Though for me, it wasn't a big dramatic thing like yours. We just grew apart...
2. MaJ to BlogFrog
Nice thoughts, although I don't agree completely. I don't believe in hauntings and I don't believe in a "sort-of-dead" state. I don't think that the supernatural should be completely ruled out, however. Personally, I believe in God, and I believe in the angels and demons described in the bible. I don't really know HOW they affect our world, but I definitely believe they are there. As for "ghosts", or the spiritual side of dead people floating around, my view is different. I don't think that a person can come back and so easily make contact with friends, family, or enemies. I think that is more of what people want to believe (or our minds playing tricks on us, as you put it)...or a conscience getting back at someone.
3. MaJ to YUM
Hello yuma.
Good point when you say that it is the job of the parent to lead their child down the right path. I also feel that they have that responsibility to care for and teach their children. However, I also spoke about this topic in my blog, and I feel that children do inherit some sort of responsibility from their parents. I mean, lets say that the parent in a family is unable to take care of his or her children. The oldest child will most likely take up that responsibility. Its a natural action. So wouldn't it be the same thing for a parent's mistake? Although the kid obviously won't be able to do as good of a job as the parent would, don't they have the responsibility to try to fix it?
No comments:
Post a Comment